The start of high school fall sports are rapidly approaching and we are just a few days away from the first day of practices. Football is set to begin practice on Monday, August 10 and all other fall sports (XC, Girls Golf & Volleyball) are set to begin on Wednesday, August 12.
Many of our programs have been hard at work all summer and are looking forward to the official start of their respective seasons. There have been many adjustments and safety precautions put in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep our athletes and coaches safe. Below you will find a few of the highlighted fall sport guidelines but for the complete return to sports guideline you can find it on our athletic website by clicking on the “COVID-19 Resources” page located under the more tab.
- Face coverings are required by all athletes and coaches during all practices and competitions (indoors and outdoors) and while on school transportation to and from events. The only time masks may be taken off is while athletes are actively participating.
- All participants will be required to bring their own water bottle every day. They will be able to fill them up during a practice/competition if needed.
- All participants will be screened daily for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 prior to each practice or competition. If anyone has a temperature above 100.3 or answers yes to any of the questions they will be sent home immediately and will be recommended to see their physician for further evaluation. If a participant tests positive for COVID-19 we will follow the guidance of the district health department.
With the early closure of school for traditional learning back in March it prevented our fall sport coaches from having the ability to meet with current and prospective athletes for the upcoming fall sports season. During these meetings students would be able to meet their coaches and learn more about their summer programs as well sign-up to receive messages from the coaches in regards to practices and other information. Below you will find the dates, times and locations for all of the High School fall sports practices/tryouts starting the week of August 10th as well as the contact information for the head coach. The Middle School athletic programs will not start until the end of August/early September so please be on the lookout for more information about those programs at a later date.
- Football (Coach Tunney, email@example.com) – Monday, August 10 through Friday, August 14 from 8:00am-1:00pm at the High School Practice Football Field
- Cross Country (Coach Andre, Director@hansonhills.org) – Wednesday, August 12 through Friday, August 14 from 7:00am-9:00am at Hanson Hills
- Girls Golf (Coach Maury, firstname.lastname@example.org) – Wednesday, August 12 and Thursday, August 13 from 5:30-7:30pm at the Grayling Country Club
- Boys Soccer (Coach Moore, email@example.com) – Wednesday, August 12 through Friday, August 14 from 5:00-7:00pm at the High School Practice Soccer Field
- Volleyball (Coach Zigila, firstname.lastname@example.org) – Wednesday, August 12 and Thursday, August 13 from 2:30-5:00pm at the High School Gym
All athletes need a valid sports physical and/or the completed MHSAA Health Questionnaire on file before you will be allowed to practice. The MHSAA Health Questionnaire takes the place of your traditional physical form during the 2020-21 school year ONLY if you had a valid physical (completed after April 15, 2019) last school year. These forms can be picked up and turned into the office or you can print one off from the MHSAA website or the athletic website.
If you have any questions in regards to the above information, please contact the athletic office at 989-344-3523 or at email@example.com.